OMNITRAX TRANSLOAD SERVICES: NO RAIL?
Did you know that you don’t need to have rail tracks at your facility to ship your cargo by rail? No Rail? No Problem. Transloading is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly method of transportation to realize the benefits of rail. Transloading allows cargo to seamlessly move between truck and rail to reach your end destination. Additionally, many transload facilities offer storage and warehousing services.
Through transloading, moving cargo by rail has never been easier and the advantages of utilizing rail as a mode of transportation allows shippers to be even more competitive.
Speak with one of our friendly customer service reps today →
45% Lower Cost Than Shipping By Truck
According to the The American Trucking
— By The Numbers —
Benefits of Rail
- One railcar holds the equivalent of 4 trucks
- Rail rates are more stable
- Shipping by rail is 45% less than by truck
- Railroads pool cars to provide capacity
- Railroads aren’t congested like highways
- Railroads aren’t typically impacted by weather
- Rail helps lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Rail is 4x more fuel efficient than long-haul trucks
- Ship a ton of cargo 473 mi. on one gallon of fuel
Transloading is an excellent option for non-rail served customers to take advantage of all the benefits of shipping by rail. Whether at an OmniTRAX Transload Terminal or one of our many Partner Transloads across our railroads, we are able to provide customers top notch service covering an array of commodities including food grade products, hazardous materials, and lumber and steel reloads. No Rail? No Problem.