This position is responsible for loading and unloading (i.e. “transloading”) various commodities between truck, rail and storage as may be required at the assigned facility. Commodities to be transloaded may include (not limited to) petroleum products, agricultural products, building materials, aggregates (sand, rock, etc.) and chemicals. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year related experience with a transload or material handling company, bulk carrier or railroad. Background should be in operations where products are transferred between modes of transportation, including cross docks and/or warehousing operations. The successful candidate must be safety focused, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a proven performer.
- Working safely, load and unload (i.e. “transload”) various commodities between truck, rail and storage as may be required at a particular facility.
- Safely operate various types of equipment.
- Inspect and trouble shoot equipment; perform minor repairs and routine maintenance of equipment as may be required.
- Report orally and in writing as required; maintain accurate records (i.e. activity, inventory, incidents, violations, maintenance, etc.).
- Safely direct truck drivers to proper loading/unloading areas, operate truck scale and prepare/distribute truck Bills of Ladings as may be required at a particular facility.
- Participate in general training, job specific training and hazardous materials training as required; successfully complete written examinations as required.
- Understand and follow all policies, procedures and safety rules as applicable to facility, job function and equipment, including rules governing safety around railroad tracks and equipment.
- Enforce facility policies, procedures and safety rules; lead by example.
- Keep facilities and equipment clean and maintained.
- Monitor 3rd-parties performing work at the assigned facility.
- Participate in setup of new facilities and equipment.
- Recommend changes to the operation which may produce safer work processes, savings and efficiencies.
- Additional tasks that may from time to time be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Respect for safety. Safety is the first priority.
- Must have experience operating machinery and performing basic mechanical service and repairs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all requirements for any emergency.
- Willingness to work various days, shifts and on-call to meet customer and business needs.
- Must be able to take direction from superiors and work cooperatively with other people as a team player.
- Must possess and exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently to get things done.
- Ability to produce effective oral and/or written daily reports for both internal and external use.
- Willingness/ability to report for duty at alternate sites within 20 mi (32 km) radius of primary on-duty point.
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to see near, far, all colors, have depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.||100%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly to communicate with customers, co-workers and superiors.||100%|
|Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.||100%|
|Must have the ability to walk long distances per shift.||100%|
|Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars, ladders, stairways and incline surfaces.||50%|
|Must have the ability to bend/crouch/kneel at waist or knees.||50%|
|Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 75lbs.||50%|
|Must have the ability to exert up to 150lbs.||50%|
|Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, heat, and sub-freezing temps).||100%|
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.