This position will work as a member of the Commercial Supply Chain team to assist in executing the strategic goals of the OmniTRAX organization. This role will provide broad exposure to the transportation and logistics market space, and be responsible for supply chain value analysis critical to new business development. In addition, this role will also be an integral part of building a segmentation and prospect generation ability at OmniTRAX. The responsibilities will evolve over time based on business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with Commodity Flow analysis for targeted markets/commodities
- Develop robust, realistic, and insightful market assessments
- Market size & market share analysis
- Lead generation data acquisition/management
- Perform transportation analysis and costing models
- Assist with contract negotiations with suppliers: comparing FOB and Delivered pricing
- Assist with suppler relationship management and contract compliance
- Support viability assessments for new products, services, and markets
- Arrive at actionable recommendations based on solid analysis, supported by concise and informative presentations
- Drive continuous improvement of tools & processes to more efficiently execute against objectives
- Other duties may be assigned, as requested/required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Geographic Information System (GIS) certification or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with the ESRI GIS mapping platform required.
- Strong analytic capabilities and a high attention to detail required.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint with proficiency across most of Microsoft Office needed.
- Self-starter that works best with limited supervision critical.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity.
- Team player with a passion for success.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in geography or equivalent experience desired.
- Logistics, Supply Chain, and Strategic Marketing experience preferred.
- Proven organizational skills and experience with project management desired.
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||60%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||40%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||30%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.