As a key member of the local property leadership team, this position is accountable for safely executing all Maintenance of Way related activities within budget.
- Drives safety compliance by leading by example following safety policies and programs. Conducts operations testing and ensure compliance.
- Responsible for execution of work plans and track maintenance activities to support operating efficiencies and the railroad’s customer service commitments.
- Provide input to the Superintendent, General Manager, and the Vice President of Operations to assign and prioritize programs for maintenance operating and capital budgets.
- Complete all necessary Corporate and Regulatory reporting and shared data base requirements.
- Accountable for maintenance of way work such as inspection, maintenance and construction is executed to plan and within established timelines and meets or budget or better.
- Ensure all Maintenance of Way personnel are trained and qualified to safely perform their job functions.
- Maintains an understanding and knowledge of the business and service needs of internal /external customers within the region.
- Responsible to execute established capital program.
- Ensure cooperation, communications and interactions with all functions in the organization.
- Maintain an understanding of the strategic priorities of the business and aggressively drive those of highest importance throughout the property.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school education or general education development (GED).
- 3 to 5 years job-related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate should possess a broad understanding of railroad operations.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering is a plus.
- Must have Valid CDL A driver’s license or be able to obtain within 90 days
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to see near, far, all color, have depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.||100%|
|Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.||100%|
|Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars and ladders.||50%|
|Must have the ability to bend/crouch/kneel at waist or knees while loading/unloading||50%|
|Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, and sub-freezing temps).||100%|
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.