The Roadmaster is responsible for the planning of all track-related activities including working with railroad to define priorities, establish performance expectations, establish performance metrics and measurements, and evaluate performance to plan the improvement of overall activities in this vital function.
- Support the safety program and lead the safety goals for all Maintenance of Way groups on railroad.
- Develop work plans and track maintenance activities to support operating efficiencies and the railroad’s customer service commitments.
- Work with the General Manager, and the Vice President of Operations to assign and prioritize programs for maintenance operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure engineering instructions pertaining to inspections, maintenance, and construction work is adhered to by field personnel.
- Assist with training programs and identify the appropriate type and level of training needed for engineering work groups.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of the business and service needs of internal /external customers within the region.
- Develop and execute engineering plans that achieve the capital program.
- Ensure cooperation, communications and interactions with all functions in the organization.
- Establish and maintain a work management process that provides visible assembly of process, establishes the building process with priorities, assigns work with established expectations with the ability to achieve performance in accordance with the plan.
- Articulate a focused, clear vision for the strategic priorities of the business and aggressively drive those of highest importance throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school education or general education development (GED).
- 3 to 5 years job-related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate should possess a broad understanding of railroad operations.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering is a plus.
- Must have Valid CDL A driver’s license or be able to attain within 90 days
- The candidate will be competent in the use of the following computer programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings, right-of-way maps and construction plans is essential.
- Know and understand track safety standards and apply the knowledge in the field. Able to document items of non-compliance.
- Knowledge of contracts and contract management.
- Ability to read and comprehend published rules, procedure and manuals, government regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, memos and other work-related information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and business associates in a clear, concise, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Must have excellent communication skills (in English) verbally and in written form.
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to see near, far, all color, have depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.||100%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, yard workers, and section leaders.||100%|
|Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.||100%|
|Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars and ladders.||5%|
|Must have the ability to bend/crouch/kneel at waist or knees between locomotive and cars.||50%|
|Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 150lbs.||50%|
|Must have the ability to exert up to 150lbs.||50%|
|Must have the ability to exert up to 125lbs.||75%|
|Must have the ability to exert up to 100lbs.||75%|
|Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, and sub-freezing temps).||100%|
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, heat, and sub-freezing temps).
We are an EEO Employer and E-Verify participating employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.