The individual in this role will assist in leading the Arrows Up, LLC Domestic Custom Production Facility located in Arlington Heights, IL. This is where Arrows Up assembles its custom Jumbo Bins. This facility will consist of assembly operations. A strong candidate will have manufacturing experience in the following area: Custom Product Manufacturing (versus mass production-type manufacturing). The individual in this role will assist the Director of Operations to lead a large number of warehouse employees in the discipline of assembly. The candidate will need to have strong leadership skills and be able to deliver results quickly. Hard work will not be enough. The ability to generate smart, innovative solutions and excellent results is a must for this role. Unique and exceptional manufacturing leaders will be considered for this high profile Arrows Up role.
- Help lead the Custom Production team toward delivering the highest quality product that stands behind the Arrows Up name.
- Deliver quality product results in the most cost effective and innovative way possible, while maintaining a “customer first” orientation.
- Select, develop, train, mentor, and motivate staff to ensure attainment of short and long term growth objectives. Will be done in a way that commands “buy-in”.
- Champion technology and automation throughout the production facility.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and learning to achieve and maintain industry leadership. Develop and conduct effective training programs.
- Work closely with Floor Leads to manage capacity / labor challenges, and address any issues that arise, and assure the establishment of any necessary changes to mitigate those issues going forward.
- Achieve technical mastery of Arrows Up unique production process. Anticipate problem issues before they arrive and take preventive or corrective action to permanently eliminate those issues in the future.
- Continually drive toward reduced costs and shortened production manufacturing times.
- Ensure a world class working environment, including cleanliness, safety (includes compliance with OSHA and company standards), teamwork, fairness and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure the facility maintains preventative maintenance programs for production equipment.
- Support the Human Resources function for the floor, including maintenance of employee payroll, performance management, and talent development.
- Experience preferred and/or higher education in the following domains: Business Management and Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- At least five (5) years of broad supervisory or management experience in manufacturing/plant management; preferably with an assembly background.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively in all situations publically, and in small groups/one-on-one.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals.
- Must be adaptable and flexible; able to respond to and integrate change with minimal resistance.
- Intermediate to Advanced PC Skills; knowledge of CAD Viewer systems; proficient in spreadsheet applications, and web browser/internet navigation.
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift products and supplies, up to 40 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
We are an EEO Employer and E-Verify participating employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.