OmniTRAX Logistics Services is a material handling and logistics company that focuses on moving various commodities between modes of transportation, primarily between rail and truck, often incorporating inventory management and storage (i.e. “transloading”). Commodities handled may include (not limited to) petroleum products, agricultural products, building materials, aggregates (sand, rock, etc.) and chemicals.
The Operations Manager will oversee all operational aspects of the assigned facilities, area or region. Responsibilities generally fall into six categories: 1) Safety – always the first priority, 2) Operational Excellence, 3) Customer Satisfaction, 4) Resource Management – people and equipment, 5) Cost Control, and 6) Income Generation. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years related experience with a transload or material handling company, bulk carrier or railroad. Background should be in operations where products are transferred between modes of transportation, including cross docks and/or warehousing operations. The successful candidate must be safety focused, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a proven performer.
- Lead safety programs, champion a Culture of Safety, at all times pursing safety excellence and zero incidents.
- Manage purchasing, budgets and financial performance for the assigned facilities, area or region. .
- Provide leadership, supervision and coaching to direct report employees.
- Assign job tasks and duties as necessary for handling customer products and maintaining equipment and facilities.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, coordinate rail service with host railroad and deliver quality service to customers.
- In coordination with HR, manage employee recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, documentation, employee development, and discipline.
- Educate employees on rules, policies and procedures; enforce compliance.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained as necessary for tasks to be performed and maintain training records.
- Manage customer and vendor relationships, communications and problem resolution.
- Ensure proper care, use, control and count of tools, equipment and inventories belonging to the company and customers.
- Follow and enforce all rules, policies and procedures established for the safe and efficient operation of equipment and facilities.
- Lead compliance with all safety, quality and environmental programs and laws; compliance with OSHA and FRA rules where applicable; and compliance with company policies, procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Respond to and investigate all incidents and accidents and complete all appropriate paperwork and reporting.
- Control costs to maximize profitability without compromise to safety or operational excellence.
- Utilize various technology programs to maintain records and preform reporting.
- Participate in and lead training as required.
- Work closely with counterparts and managers throughout the company to achieve continuous improvement of the business.
- Operate and maintain various types of equipment as required.
- Oversee setup of new facilities and equipment as required.
- Additional tasks that may from time to time be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid [State] driver’s license clear of violations for the preceding 3 years.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience with emphasis on safety programs.
- Minimum 2 years transload or material handling experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Respect for safety. Safety is the first priority.
- Must have experience operating machinery and performing basic mechanical service and repairs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all requirements for any emergency.
- Willingness to work various days, shifts and on-call to meet customer and business needs.
- Must be able to take direction from superiors and work cooperatively with other people as a team player.
- Must possess and exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently to get things done.
- Ability to produce effective oral and/or written daily reports for both internal and external use.
- Overnight travel may be required up 25% of time.
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to see near, far, all colors, have depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.||100%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly to communicate with customers, co-workers and superiors.||100%|
|Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.||100%|
|Must have the ability to walk long distances per shift.||100%|
|Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars, ladders, stairways and incline surfaces.||50%|
|Must have the ability to bend/crouch/kneel at waist or knees.||50%|
|Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 75lbs.||50%|
|Must have the ability to exert up to 150lbs.||50%|
|Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, heat, and sub-freezing temps).||100%|
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.