|Reports to:||OES General Manager|
The OmniTRAX Energy Solutions Regional Marketing and Sales Manager is an integral driver in the profitable delivery of transload services across OES facilities through the marketing and selling of OES capabilities and capacity to best meet the Company’s goals. The incumbent achieves these goals through a deep understanding of customer needs and bringing a competitive, superior product/service package; delivering customer satisfaction and commitment to the OES organization’s product/service offering. Accountabilities include; planning/filling/managing/high grading the OES terminal business book; OES terminal customer servicing; understanding regional business demand; promoting customer advocacy; ongoing OES site market development; and profitable volume/income generation while delivering to customer needs.
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding budgeted throughput volumes at all OES terminals through; effective business planning; a strong, competitive product offering; tactical customer demand planning/management; and execution of sales plans.
- Development and implementation of OES terminal marketing and sales plans using current market information, competitive and economic conditions, and customer forecasts to build/manage/high grade the OES business book.
- Accountable for OES terminal customer servicing including; sales visits with customer personnel who action volumes to OES terminals; maintenance of the existing OES terminal business book; and development of OES terminal based business plans.
- Participates in/contributes to; uncovering new OES terminal market opportunities; throughput negotiations involving price/service/equipment; and industrial development activities for expanding OES terminal business.
- Prepares reliable, accurate, and timely forecasts & reporting to operations and senior management.
- In conjunction with OMs, builds relationships with local economic development personnel to insure that all opportunities in each OES terminal area are pursued.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the characteristics of the transportation shipping market and OES customer needs. Maintains a solid understanding of the competitive environment (trucking, maritime, intermodal, other rail) to capitalize on opportunities to drive incremental volumes through all OES terminals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Set an example for OES operational employees and other colleagues with regard to safety, respect and cooperation.
- Work with teams of OES employees such that an environment of safety, collaboration and mutual respect in the profitable execution of the business is created.
- Create an environment that encourages positive enthusiasm, satisfaction and excitement for the OES business team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Direct experience in transload development, sales, transportation, marketing, operations/logistics and truckload freight marketing, is desired.
- Deep understanding of safety and its importance to a successful business. Demonstrated respect for safety and Company safety culture.
- Willingness to work various days and travel schedules to meet customer and business needs.
- Able to work cooperatively in a positive manner with customers, other team members, and colleagues as a team player.
- Possess and exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently to get things done.
- Ability to produce effective oral and/or written reports for both internal and external use.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to see near, far, all colors, have depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.||100%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly to communicate with customers, co-workers and superiors.||100%|
|Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.||20%|
|Must have the ability to walk long distances.||10%|
|Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars, ladders, stairways and incline surfaces.||10%|
|Must have the ability to bend/crouch/kneel at waist or knees.||10%|
|Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather (snow, rain, heat, and sub-freezing temps).||10%|
· Does not apply
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.