The Network Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing and maintaining all server and network related functions within the IT organization. They are responsible for maintaining existing network and systems infrastructure hardware – mostly (but not limited to) Cisco and Microsoft products and other software applications with the goal to achieve optimal system responsiveness, availability and security. They are also responsible for the deployment of new network and systems hardware through product research and system installation. The position participates in 24×7 on-call support of the production environment.
- Outstanding teamwork, customer service, problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- In-depth technical knowledge to effectively manage issues through all phases – trouble shooting, analysis, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Design, implement and project manage changes to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Ability to support entire LAN/WAN with occasional travel (10%) to supported locations required
- Effective documentation of network and systems configuration
- Remain active in current and emerging technology trends to support the IT needs of the company
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A four year degree in MIS, computer science or equivalent demonstrated technical experience
- The ideal candidate must possess at least 10 years of overall IT experience with at least 5 years of experience in advanced server, network and application support
- Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE) and/or Cisco (CCNA/CCNP) certification preferred
- Must have knowledge of a variety of networking technologies including; LAN/WAN, MPLS, wireless, VPN, VoIP, Cisco routers/switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, TCP/IP, and mobile computing.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of VMware, various SAN systems, have general knowledge of how enterprise storage systems work. Experience with NetApp SAN is preferred.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge on Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS
- Must demonstrate working experience of MS Azure platform and general knowledge on how hybrid cloud\on premise systems work or setup. Office 365 experience is a must.
- Work with technology suppliers in a variety of roles supporting the network technology needs including acquiring, maintaining and troubleshooting issues
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- Exempt level associates 6-10
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.