The IT Director of Applications is responsible for supporting the application portfolio across the organization. This person will oversee all resources for maintaining applications to achieve optimal functionality and usability. The role has visibility to internal and external customers including vendor relations. The role is highly technical with a priority to analyze technology trends and proactively keep the company application portfolio current.
- Oversee the management of the application environment across the organization.
- Lead and grow a high performing team of IT professionals, including professionals in lead positions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to support the recruiting, training, coaching and development of team members.
- Manage the resources including budgets, direct reports and vendors that support the application portfolio.
- Work collaboratively across lines of business and departments with a positive attitude focused on delivering value from the applications and resources.
- Ensure applications are efficiently utilized, the cost to operate and support the applications aligns with group and business expectations, and that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Primary individual responsible for managing the lifecycle of applications from selection and implementation to sunsetting or termination.
- Continuously analyze and monitor the utilization of applications for current and future needs.
- Remain knowledgeable about current and emerging technologies that will benefit the company.
- Provide strategic recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
- Implement governance, policies and procedures designed to maximize the value of applications deployed.
- Prepare documentation on team and application lifecycle activity to keep stakeholders informed on progress.
- Serve as a senior technical expert regarding the details of the application portfolio.
- Contribute to the role of business continuity specifically as it applies to supporting all business applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent technical expertise required.
- MBA, MIS or equivalent advanced degree or certifications preferred.
- 8-10 years working experience with information systems and applications required.
- Experience with application development and lifecycle management required.
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve problems using an Agile methodology.
- Work history supporting applications within an integrated environment.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities through all phases – governance, planning, analysis, resolution, trouble shooting, and root cause analysis.
- Application portfolio preferences; NetSuite, GE-RMI, UltiPro, Concur, Adaptive Insights, Boomi, ESRI
- Working knowledge of data architecture, analytics and business intelligence required.
- Working knowledge leveraging GIS preferred.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work efficiently in a team environment.
- Occasional travel to support company needs and to remain current with applications and vendor relations required. *Not expected to exceed more than 5% of work time.
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- This position will supervise a team of Business System Analysts and a Lead Business System Analyst.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.