This position serves as a liaison between the Customer Service Supervisor and all other Customer Service Representatives (CSRs). Shift Leads are directly responsible for managing the call center, ensuring the CSRs follow instructions and effectively handle their daily responsibilities. They provide training and support to the CSRs, and help troubleshoot and resolve issues that escalate beyond the scope of CS reps. They proactively correct or report any issues they may see in day to day activities and escalate issues beyond their capabilities to the Customer Service Supervisor or Director of Customer Service. Each shift (day, afternoon, night) has support from a morning or afternoon Shift Lead, allowing for coverage during peak hours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure daily activities of the CSRs are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Distributing crew work lists/train consists/hazmat info/online inventory reports/etc., manage railcar inventory by data input into the RMI mainframe (TMS).
- Answering requests and/or questions regarding railcar inventory.
- Confirming and/or generating waybill information on railcars being shipped off our rail lines.
- Ensuring correct billing is applied to railcars so applicable freight charges may be collected
- Processing or delegating crew paperwork upon receipt and ensuring the documents are filed correctly.
- Communicating specific requests/needs between our customers and crews.
- Training side by side with new hires
- Managing storage cars and communicating with Class I partners when handling cars delivered in error or electronic data transmission (EDI) errors.
- Monitor and manage the workflow of TMS processes, including Inbound and Outbound interchanges, billing queues and error logs.
- Manage the overall workflow of the call center by assigning tasks to the CSRs and spot checking their work once completed.
- Escalate issues beyond the scope of the call center to the department management for resolution.
- Completes special projects assigned to them by department management.
- All other duties as assigned by the CS Supervisor or Director.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ years in current OmniTRAX Customer Service role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently & effectively.
- Work both individually and as a team.
- Ability to think through problems and come up with solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- A level of competence using a computer (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal interference.
- RMI AS/400 Mainframe Systems.
- Microsoft CRM software.
- General Knowledge of the Railroad Industry.
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- No supervisory responsibilities.