The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for managing approximately 1,700 revenue contracts for 22 railroads in the US and Canada. Additionally, the candidate will assist with billing for the railroad portfolio annual, monthly, semi-annual and quarterly leases with revenue of approximately 7 million per year.
The Contract Administrator will be working in railroad real estate and will ensure that all financial documents related to rental contracts are accurate and processed correctly. The candidate will also assist with ensuring that billing and all other financial transactions are being taken care of in a timely manner, and informing necessary personnel of any changes to contract terms and rates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the preparation of negotiated contracts and the administration of commercial contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Responsible for assisting in managing and processing monthly billing of Real Estate Contracts
- Prepares and processes monthly increase letters
- Maintain database of leases with updates each day
- Manages internal review and approval for draft contracts
- Manages ongoing supplemental billing, applications fees, first year rent, credit, rebills, customer account reconciliation as it pertains to Lessees
- Organizes business contacts, mailing, office files, legal documents, engineering reports
- Responsible for staying current with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and industry procedures
- Develops and over sees revenue agreements from application to full execution
- Responsible for picking up mail from the mailroom and new applications from the Billing Department
- Begin the creation of physical and digital application folders
- Develops and maintains information to support projects
- Assist in the implementation of new contract administration system that houses the active and inactive lease portfolios
- A team-player that efficiently and effectively interacts with other internal employees, customers and public figures
- Identifies and independently resolves problems in a timely manner
- Creative thinker that relies on experience for critical decision making
- Creates agreements and other related documents in the administration of legal contracts
- Assists accounting in ad hoc requests to support reconciliation and collection issues
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor Degree – preferably in Real Estate, Business Management, or Business Administration, and
- 5 years of leasing and/or right of way management experience, or
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP, RMI or NetSuite
- Professionally-minded, is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance/effectiveness
- Ability to anticipate needs, becoming proficient in delivering results without guidance or detailed directions/instructions
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.