The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the application portfolio across the organization. This person will support and maintain applications to achieve optimal functionality and usability. The role has visibility to internal and external customers including vendor relations. The role is both analytical and technical with a priority to support the user base with application functionality and keep integration activity amongst applications supported.
- Support the management of the application environment across the organization.
- Manage the resources including integrations, toolsets and vendors that support the application portfolio.
- Work collaboratively across all lines of business and departments with a positive attitude focused on delivering value from the applications and resources.
- Ensure that applications are efficiently utilized, the cost to operate and support the applications aligns with group and business expectations, and that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Assist with the management of the lifecycle of applications from selection and implementation to sunsetting or termination.
- Continuously analyze and monitor the utilization of applications for current and future needs.
- Remain knowledgeable about current and emerging technologies that may benefit the company.
- Provide insight about future planning and resources to extract value from the application portfolio.
- Comply with governance, policies and procedures designed to maximize the value of applications deployed.
- Serve as a technical expert regarding the details of the application portfolio.
- Contribute to the role of business continuity specifically as it applies to supporting the backup and recovery of applications to run the business during disruption.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS, or equivalent technical expertise required.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting applications within an integrated environment desired.
- Ability to effectively manage problems through all phases – planning, analysis, resolution, trouble shooting, and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of project and change management methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft applications; SQL/SSRS/SSIS/.NET experience beneficial.
- Knowledge with Business Intelligence and/or Cloud SaaS applications beneficial.
- Knowledge with GIS beneficial.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to integrate and work efficiently in a team environment.
- Be an “as-a-service” member within the applications team.
- Occasional travel to support company needs and to remain current with applications and vendor relations required. *Not expected to exceed more than 5% of work time.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Transportation and supply chain logistics experience preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite and SpringCM software preferred
|Physical Requirements:||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.