The Credit & Collections Analyst will identify research, summarize and present customers with account resolutions. This information is essential in the process of maintaining our corporate business to business credit customers. This position is responsible for accounts receivable activities, collection by phone, fax and email. In addition this role will include processing for credits/debits and account write-off, reconciling billing errors. Strong fact finding experience is desired. Research disputed invoices utilizing various system tools as well as interaction with other departments with OmniTRAX to gain resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collection activities for assigned accounts through constant communication primarily by phone, but also by email, fax or written correspondence if necessary.
- Ability to multitask phone calls, email, paperwork and other assigned responsibilities on a regular basis.
- Track and investigate deductions from customer payments.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Resolves valid deductions by entering approved customer credit memos.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Month end close, must be able to work longer hours during 4-5 days close.
- Maintain weekly, monthly AR and Customer reports.
- Setup new customers in SAP or NetSuite.
- Work effectively with other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Project Management driven.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Confident with making outbound calls.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma or GED expected.
- 3-6+ years of applicable experience and or outbound commercial business to business customer service.
- 2-3+ years working knowledge within the railroad industry.
- 3-6+ years of collection analyzing or commercial business account analyzing data.
- 2-3+ years working knowledge of RIM, CRM.
- Experience working with SAP and or NetSuite helpful.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite, Excel experience.
- Analytical and fact finding skills a must.
- Experience in the transportation field: specifically railroads.
- Must have an understanding of financial measurements (discounted cash flow analysis) as well as associated contract terms and conditions and legal ramifications.
- Canadian legal knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi task.
- Flexible with regard to the hours worked.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Some College Preferred.
|Physical Requirements||% of Work Time|
|Must have the ability to remain in a seated position.||80%|
|Must have the ability to speak and hear clearly.||100%|
|Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.||20%|
|Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.||10%|
|Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse.||100%|
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
We are an EEO Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status.